Movies are my favorite depending on what mood I’m in. I actually have about 20 favorites. And they all are great to watch at different times. I don’t like to watch any of them too often for fear of getting tired of them.
So, here are a few of my favorite favorites. Because I know you are so interested:
- Aliens (1986) – James Cameron’s intense sci-fi flick. It’s super exciting and really really cool!
- The Avengers (2012) – The culmination of several other films coming together perfectly.
- Back to the Future (1985) – I have to finish them all once I start.
- Batman (1989) – This one I only saw 4 times in the theater. Still awesome! Read more here.
- Clash of the Titans (1981) – Only the original! Not that wannabe remake!
- Die Hard (1988) – The original “one guy takes on the terrorists” flick.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – Clever, fresh, funny and a great soundtrack!
- The Hunt for Red October (1990) – Spies, subs and Sean Connery. Dramatic and exciting. Really well made!
- It’s a Wonderful Life (1947) – This Christmas classic tugs at my heart strings every single year!
- Jurassic Park (1993) – I watched this gem 6 times in the theater! So good! Read more here.
- Mary Poppins (1964) – It never gets old! It’s an incredibly well made film! Read more here.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) – Ridiculously funny and strange British humor.
- National Treasure (2004) – This movie may be a bit far-fetched, but it’s fun to watch, historical, exciting and mysterious.
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure (1985) – What? It’s funny! It’s clever! It’s really well made! Read more here.
- The Pirate Movie (1982) – Stupidly funny. An obscure, often forgotten, comedy.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (2003) – The sequels are hit and miss, but this one was really good!
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn (1982) – My favorite of the original Star Treks. The new ones are really good too!
- Star Wars (1977) – Yep, you can’t really be a movie guy without paying homage to this outer space classic
- The Three Amigos (1986) – I still laugh incredibly hard at some of these scenes! Three comic geniuses at work!
- Top Gun (1986) – The best dogfighting flight school movie ever! Read more here.
- Willow (1988) – So. Good. Val Kilmer, sword fights, castles, magic. Wow! Amazing!
I guess I’ll stop there. These were the first ones that popped into my head, so they must be pretty high on my list. And they’re all outstanding!
Which of my favorites are on you favorites list? Which do you think shouldn’t be on this list? Comment me!