Me! And Disneyland! Today, July 17th, 2015 is not only my 40th birthday, but also the 60th anniversary of Disneyland! Exactly 20 years before the day I was born, Walt Disney was making his opening day speech to welcome the world to Disneyland, U.S.A.
Disneyland is just about my most favoritest place to go in the entire world! (That and Astoria, OR). I’m so pleased and honored to share my birthday with the Happiest Place on Earth. It has changed so much over the last 60 years. Considerably more than I have in my 40. But it is still a place full of joy, fun, laughter, and childhood magic!
Who else is lucky enough to share this special day with us? I’m glad you asked!
- John Jacob Astor – July 17, 1763
- Art Linkletter – July 17, 1912
- Donald Sutherland – July 17, 1935
- David Hasselhoff – July 17, 1952
- Disneyland – July 17, 1955
- Brad Williamson – July 17, 1975
These are some impressive birthdays! Any I’m missing? Do I share a birthday with you? Comment me!